Can you believe snow has already arrived in Mississauga? It’s time to grab the shovel and head outside to clear up your driveway. Unless you live in an apartment or condo.
Here are some helpful tips to help you through shoveling this winter season in Mississauga.
Before heading outdoors:
- Purchase an ergonomic made shovel
- Warming up your body: There have been more reports about people getting heart attacks on their driveways from overexerting themselves while shoveling. Be sure to warm up your body for approx. 5 minutes to get your body ready for physical activity. Focus on areas where you will be working most, such as your legs and lower back.
While you are outdoors:
- Lift with your legs
- Take a break if you get tired
- Ask for help if you have an extra shovel
- Stay hydrated – have some warm water to keep you warm and replenished
When you are back inside:
- Cool down with a stretch for approx. 5 minutes