I can’t believe 2018 is almost over! Although Christmas is over, you may still have some upcoming holiday parties before the year is over. Holiday parties are the best but they usually involve a lot of eating and drinking. Here are some helpful tips to make this holiday season still healthy but still fun!
- If you over ate, go for a brisk walk outdoors or indoors. If it’s cold where you are, you can always walk indoors (ie. shopping malls, home treadmill).
- If you were thinking of getting into shape as your new years resolution. Start today instead of Jan 1! You can kick start your best you anytime of the year, not just at the beginning of the year.
- If you’re hungover from drinking too much, drink liquids with electrolytes, such as coconut water.
- If you don’t want to over indulge at parties, just take a smaller quantity instead of a large portion. For example, have one big spoonful of mashed potatoes instead of two heaping spoonfuls. You still get to enjoy mashed potatoes but a smaller portion. This way you don’t over eat and you don’t binge eat afterwards.
- If you don’t want to drink too much at parties, have less mixed drinks as they contain more sugar. More sugar also means more calories. You can always substitute by having a glass of wine, or a liquor that isn’t mixed (eg. whiskey on the rocks). Remember to have a designated driver if you’re drinking!
Hope these quick tips can help you still have a healthy and enjoyable 2018 holiday!
Need help with your holiday fitness goals and to feel good during the holidays? Contact Kimberley for personal training in Mississauga by filling out the form to discuss more!