When someone thinks of a 9-5 office job, they tend to think of mostly sitting at their desks. But it doesn’t always have to be like that! I personally also work a 9-5 job where I’m at my desk for the majority of the day. I hate sitting for long periods of time so I have incorporated the following tips into my daily office routine. These simple tips will get you off your seat often and get in those extra steps!
- Take your calls standing instead of sitting
- Every 20 minutes when you’re looking away from your monitor, stand up as well
- Drink water more often so you can take a trip to the washroom
- Walk to your co-workers desk to chat or ask a question
- Take the stairs instead of the elevators
- Go for a walk during lunch
- Take the long route to the meeting room instead of the short-cut
Do you include any of these tips at work? Do you incorporate something that I didn’t mention? Post in the comments section and let us know!